Sunday, December 23, 2012

Nail Obsession: A Few of My Favorite Things...

There is one thing that anyone who knows me could tell you. That is that I, for some reason, have always loved to paint my fingernails. I just have this thing for pretty fingernails. If I don't have any polish on my nails, I feel like they look dirty. After 24 years, I probably have a collection of over 100 bottles of fingernail polish. I don't necessarily paint to match my outfits, but on occasion I do. So, I have a couple features for you in this post about one of my favorite accessories, nail polish! 

First, I have put together my 6 favorite colors of 2012 (more specifically, this fall/winter). I think these colors are staples for many winter looks. (courtesy of polyvore of course)






From left to right (starting on the top row)
1. Sally Hansen "Commander in Chic"
2. Essie "Chinchilly"
3. O.P.I. "Glitzerland"
4. Essie "Bobbing for Baubles"
5. Essie "Skirting the Issue"
6. O.P.I. "Cajun Shrimp"

I own all of these colors and they have probably been my most used colors in the last few months. I remember looking for these gray hues a year ago when they weren't popular yet, they were very difficult to find. Now, there are several to choose from. Of course, the bright red is a go-to year round!

My next feature is a "must-know" for those of you who paint your nails regularly (or don't :) ). On of my pinterest browsing sessions, I found a great tip from Real Simple. I'm not sure how old or new the tip is, but it is one I have to share! 

You can use No Stick Canola Oil Cooking Spray to create an instant finish to your manicure.  All you do is Polish your nails and wait about 10 seconds. Then, hold the cooking spray about 6 inches from your nails and spray onto each fingernail. After spraying all your nails, wait about 20 seconds and rinse oil spray off under running water. Voila! Instantly dried, smudge-proof nails. They shine too! Give it a try, it will change your life (ok maybe not, but it's still a big deal).

1. Cooking Spray


2. Spray Nails

3. Rinse under water

4. Dry Nails for a shine!



Go paint your nails for the holidays, hurry! Now that you know this trick, you can do it in a few minutes and have a shiny, dry manicure. 

More importantly, enjoy Christmas Eve with your family and have a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!! 

Don't forget the reason we are celebrating :)

I'll meet you back here after Christmas!

Linking up with Molly for YOLO Monday!
and
Covered in Grace for Monday Meet Up


10 comments:

  1. Cajun Shrimp was def a hit color this year. I am wearing OPI Not Really a Waitress right now for Christmas! Fun to find you from YOLO Mondays!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that color, especially for the holidays. Thanks for finding me. Merry Christmas!!

      Delete
  2. Hey, I'm a new follower from the Monday meet up! Wow, haven't tried this before. Thanks for the tip!

    Follow back?:)

    ochibernadas.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. The tip is pretty cool, glad to share it. Sure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh! How cool! I am totally going to try this!

    Your newest follower,


    Brooke


    =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's pretty cool for those of us who are impatient :) Thanks for the follow!

      Delete
  5. Found your blog via H54F. I love painting my nails too. I've seen that trick around the interwebs but have been afraid to try it. I may just have to now....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should, it's a great trick! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

Please leave a comment. I love hearing from each and every one of you!